Who is the training for?
For those who use abrasive wheels to cut or grind a range of materials at work.
Why do they need to do it?
To increase awareness of the dangers in order to reduce the risks of the abrasive wheel disintegrating. To also ensure that the relevant machines are operated safely.
What is involved?
- Abrasive Wheel Safety and the Law
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The Abrasive Wheel
- Inspection, Handling, Transportation and Storage
- Machine and Wheel Components
- Hand-held Engine Driven Disc Cutter
- Hand-held Electric Driven Grinder/Disc Cutter
- Bench Mounted Grinder
- Bench Mounted Cut-off Saw
- Theory test
- Practical assessment (changing the wheel and using the machines)